The Rowe Tribe

The Rowe Tribe
2012

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Tank vs. The Baby RV



My sweet husband decided he no longer wanted to sit right next to me in our travels in the tank. Let me go back a bit. 7 years ago, on Feb. 27, 2004 we purchased a new vehicle as any minute (literally) we were expecting 3 babies to arrive bringing our total to 5 children, of which the oldest was barly 6 years old. With 3 infants and car seats, we could not use a mini-van; we measured! So, we bought a Yukon XL. Having had small cars, the current one a Honda Accord, when I first test-drove the Yukon I said "This feels like driving a tank". Of course I was 9 months pregnant with 3 babies too! Hence the nickname "The tank" stuck. 2 days later, our healthy babies were born and "the tank" turned into a yard ornament; it sat for 6 weeks in the driveway before I would drive it. Now, I drove the Honda during all that time but not "the tank". Now, 7 years and more children later, we have outgrown the tank unless we fit 3 in the front seat. I have quite enjoyed our few trips to Charleston after the new baby arrived sitting right next to my husband having a pleasant conversation on the road. But alas, cargo room is limited as well. So, this brings us to the next phase of our life's journey, we have gone to the next step, a 12 passenger van. God has brought us more blessings and unless we can find a horse and wagon we have to carry them around another way. And, yes, I test-drove it once; just once. While I once pined for the Honda, now I pine for the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment