The Rowe Tribe

The Rowe Tribe
2012

Sunday, May 8, 2011

On the Road Again!

"On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again...."
Oh, if this were only true. I was weary after another trip to Charleston and Jeff proclaimed that the farm life and jet-setting don't quite go hand in hand. Besides a newborn baby and 6 other children, we were carrying 4 young ducklings as well. Since Katharine Ellis's birth, we have made, count them now, 5 Trips! Yes, 4 trips to Charleston in 11 weeks and one trip to Boone (our first trip when she was oh, just 2 weeks old). Only one was purely for fun even though they were all enjoyable; weddings; car buying; work; company retreats; 150th anniversary of the War (what you call it depends upon where you live; in Charleston it's "That most recent Unpleasantness") Then just when we thought life would settle down a little (I'd like a little bit of boring), Jeff came home with news he would be working in California and it would take several 9-10 day trips. Not relishing staying by myself for days on end, him returning for 3 or 4 days and leaving again I was very quiet during this conversation. However, my wonderful husband came up with a plan. Let's all temporarily move across the country for 7 weeks! Yikes. So, with just a little time to prepare (little is relative, really how much time would you want to prepare for this? Weeks, months, years?) we began the thought process which turned into several lists and started preparing mentally to get back in the car.....again. Instead of 3 hours to Charleston, it's a mere 36 hours to California. When can we go back to Charleston?

2 comments:

  1. Wow,
    What an amazing opportunity and test of endurance. I will keep you in my prayers for the Lord to bless you will strength, and a great sense of humor for this journey.

    May your journey draw you all closer to him and to each other and may you be a witness and testimoney of His Greatness. I hope everyone who meets you will be drawn to HIM.

    Be blessed,

    Melinda Weiser
    www.weiseracademy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to hear you are going to be blogging about your trip to California! I don't know why I am surprised to hear that you are taking that on, too, Kelly; I have always thought you were pretty amazing. LOL

    May God give you a safe journey and many precious family memories!

    Love to all,
    Dana Wilson

    ReplyDelete