The Rowe Tribe

The Rowe Tribe
2012

Friday, May 20, 2011

Chocacola




Today was snail day or chocacola. I know I have spelled it wrong but that phonetically is the Spanish word for snail. This afternoon, Patty brought us our mail and stayed to talk outside. I also got an educational tour for about an hour in the garden (I hope this happens more often; I am learning a lot.) We are seeing tons of snails every evening. If you walk along any garden path after dark without a flashlight it is crunch, crunch, crunch. I showed her where we had picked a bunch of them off some plants (hollyhocks) covered with holes. Thus ensued a discussion on snail control. The little ones have noticed a few of them but for some reason this afternoon got more interested. They started digging around the plants and finding them everywhere. Pretty soon they had a whole colony. Patty suggested that she would find them a box and they could keep them (Ugh!) However, Elizabeth said, "Mrs. Stice, I have a box", and she ran inside to retrieve it. Sure enough, we have about 60 snails living in a couple of plastic containers such as strawberries and salad come in, outside on the sidewalk tonight. At least I won't make the mistake of sitting out on our bedroom porch tonight with Jeff and leave my slippers behind. This morning I found them covered in "snail tracks"!

No comments:

Post a Comment