The Rowe Tribe

The Rowe Tribe
2012

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sunday afternoon Fun

Our first grill-out of the season.


Patti brought me a balloon and a bouquet for our anniversary. She said a little bird told her about it. I have a bunch of verbal little birds around here. She adores Katharine Ellis and I let her hold her everytime we see her. I know she misses her little grandson in NC.


Jackson playing with his baby sister. I so enjoyed watching this. I thought to myself, this is what I want to do on my anniversary, be with all my people!


The children were all saying, "Daddy, kiss Mommy, it's your anniwersawey"(their pronunciation). While we didn't have millions watching us and we weren't at Buckingham Palace, we did have a fan club right out in the yard with us, my favorite fan club. I picked these blue girl roses, my all-time favorite rose and this one delightful smelling white one, to go beside my bed. I smell them constantly; it's a good thing I'm not allergy prone with all the flower immersion I'm into these days.

On Saturday when I found Whole Foods, I had gotten something I don't think I've done before. I got some flavored (blue cheese, bacon cheddar, and steakhouse) hamburgers already pre-made; yes, they were on sale. Ever since we came here and I saw what a great place this was for outdoor cooking and eating I've been wanting to grill something and eat outside. So, that's what we did in place of our normal popcorn and ice cream Sunday night dinner. Sarah Kelly and I enjoyed cutting flowers in the afternoon and then Jeff grilled the hot dogs and hamburgers. We had discovered a projector and screen in the hall closet last week. Patty encouraged us to take it outside (?) and watch a movie. I must have seemed daft; I've never heard of such a thing. Apparently they really like to watch movies and do this a lot. She mentioned they just pick a pergola and set it up. So, we thought we'd do this for fun as well on Sunday, being our anniversary and watch a movie with the whole family. We were going to set up on the pergola where we ate but picked one near the yard as the sun was not as direct there. That's the only caviat; it has to be dark or close to dark. Being further north than we're used to, it's not totally dark until 9:20 pm or so and it is totally bright at 5:30 am. It was getting chilly too so we brought blankets and wrapped up sitting in outdoor chairs we'd gathered. We started the movie around 8:30; we could see it okay even with it still being daylight and were enjoying it just fine until out of nowhere the wind started to blow. Now the screen was swaying ever so slightly which isn't such a big deal unless you're the kind of person who gets car sick. The characters on the screen looked like they were getting sick. This wasn't so bad either. The biggest challenge was that every time the wind blew all we could hear was the wind and not the movie. The DVD would only go up to a certain volume which without the wind blowing the neighbors would have been able to listen. So, after all that, we moved inside. Then to further complicate it all, the movie, Alice in Wonderland (not ours, but a DVD in the projector that we thought would be ok), was not ok for our little ones; a little too realistic and too scary. So we took that out and pulled another movie that we knew was ok from our personal stash. All in all, it was still fun, we still wrapped in blankets inside to be cozy but it was a late night for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment