The Rowe Tribe

The Rowe Tribe
2012

Monday, May 16, 2011

Going to see Mr. Deke





My children adore "Mr. Deke". The little ones find him fascinating and he takes time to acknowledge them which scores high points in my book. Scott is a hugh history buff, especially war history and Mr. Deke is fascinated with history as well, also especially war history so they have a lot in common. Deke, who is really Deke Roberts, works for Infrastructure Engineers and Jeff has worked with him for the past 4 years. He happens to live in Henderson, Nevada right outside of Las Vegas. Jeff had his secretary ship a lot of his work clothes and some gear to Deke for us to pick up on our way across the country so it would not be in our way for the entire trip. So, Deke called and invited our family for dinner at his place.

Now we have eaten quite a few meals as a family with Mr. Deke. We've gone to several restaurants when he's been near us and the guys have been "in the field", he's been to dinner at our house in Charleston, and Jeff and I have been at 2 Christmas parties in Florida with him. In fact, the first time I met Deke was at one such party and I spent most of the evening after dinner (while Jeff talked all over the room to everyone) learning how to play "Texas Stick-Up" with Deke who was teaching me how. It's really called "Texas Hold'Em ( I think) but it's "Texas Stick-Up" to me. I cannot remember if he and I won or not but we all still get a good laugh about playing "Texas Stick-Up".

So here we are at Deke and Denise's house. Deke and Denise just married on February 5, so it was much fun to get to visit with her as well. Thanks for dinner Denise, it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment