The Rowe Tribe

The Rowe Tribe
2012

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Going Crabbin'

Tuesday, July 10th's Quote of the Day:
Drew screams over and over, "I got one!  I got one!  I got one!  I got one!  I got one!"... You get the idea!
In 3 and a half hours Scott has snagged 5 crabs using a small piece of chicken (part of our dinner).  So we go up to Sode's store to get some more and he recommends we use salmon pieces attached to bone which are basically scraps.  He gives us these free.  In less than an hour we catch 27 crabs!
Somebody has to watch the baby while all this is going on.
Gathering more sea water for the crabs.
Harris has no problem picking them up by their back legs and...
throwing them in the buckets.
Look carefully, do you see that large crab in the water?
Crab grabs the salmon, we grab the crab.
Everyone checking their lines.
A dead crab is a bad crab so those that make "the cut", i.e. they are not too small, get cooked right away.
Cleaning the crabs.
SK showing us her cleaned crab.
Father and son cleaning crabs together.  I don't mind the catching, the handling but I don't like this part.  I'll just take the pictures, thank you!
Picking out the meat.  I don't mind this part either. 

Cutie pie watching all this crab meat picking but she is eating something else and apparently enjoying it very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment