The Rowe Tribe

The Rowe Tribe
2012

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sunday Afternoon - July 28, 2013

I thought I had packed it all; I had a list, I checked it twice, but it's rather hard to pack something that never makes it on the list, unless, in the connumdrum of 50,000 things going on at once, that one item just happens to pop into your mind and you remember to add it to the list or even better, pull it out and add it to the pile.  Well, the one thing I forgot?  The booster/high chair seat that we have packed for 15 years now to travel with.  But no worries, baby girl has found her own system.  Before I could think much about it, she had found this bright chair and this black stool which is just her size.  The chair was not near the bench but she moved it there and has her own little table with a view of the lake that people would pay big bucks for, her own private dining attraction.  She adores this little spot and sits to look at books or do puzzles here and eat of course.  Don't try using the stool to put your feet on when you sit in the rocker to the left (out of the picture).  You will hear "My sule, my sule!", meaning "My stool!"  We think she is adorable, in case you didn't know that yet!

Jeff and Perry hanging out at our place on Sunday afternoon for a bit.  They came over midday to check out the place and the view.

Kids having fun in the water and on the sand.

We discover there are blueberry bushes, wild, all over, and they are sweet.  We are going to try to leave enough for blueberry pancakes on Monday morning.

Picking blueberries

Sarah loves babies so she is enthralled with Katharine, who is thrilled to have a buddy.


The fruits of their picking labors.

At some point on Saturday night when we talked about our plans for the week, I mentioned that Scott might like to learn how to water ski.  So on Sunday afternoon, Perry mentioned that he'd be glad to take him out in the boat and give it a whirl.  Sarah Kelly decided she was interested too, so most of the Jackson's loaded up and took our big kids back to their place.  We followed about 40 minutes later with little ones and one or two Jackson kids.  No, I didn't keep count or do any kind of round up when leaving.  Somehow, by nightfall, everybody got back to the right place!

When we arrived, Sarah Kelly was out on the lake for her second or third try but by the time we fired up the camera, this was all I could get - coming back in the boat to the dock.  Scott had already tried several times too. I'm not sure how much Sarah Kelly liked it; she didn't want to try anymore.

Now, Jeff decided to give it a whirl.  While he is an excellent skiier and often dropped one ski to ski with only one, it has been 25 years, we decided since he has skiied at all.  We'll see how well  he remembers?

Scott decides to record it on the IPad while we watch.

Perry throwing out the rope.

He's up and off they go!  He did just great but decided to ski with both skiis. 

Coming back in.

Scott wants another try so here we go.  I rode in the boat this time to take some close up pictures of his first day water skiing.

Kim is crazy!  But she's my great friend (I'm crazy too, so we get along just fine!) and my kids love her.  I will be forever grateful to her when she took care of my kiddos for 3 days while I was flat on my back in Mt. Pleasant in 2010, 7 weeks pregnant, trying to hold onto my baby, and trying to rest like my doula had ordered me to.  She said the other day that she just couldn't do what I had done, carry and deliver 9 babies, including triplets.  Yea, right, Kim, but do you think I can fly fighter jets (A-4s)and train grown men how to dogfight in them?

Ok, Here we go with Scott, getting up!

Moving across the wake

Seems happy; I think he's got it!

Gathering the rope and pulling it in.

The view of the Jackson's dock and house from the water.

This little one is easy to keep up with; she only goes where the others kiddos do.

Playing something?

Thank you to the Jacksons (again!) for their sweet spirits.

1 comment:

  1. I love your kiddos, Kelly! They are "delightful" - just like Janet the librarian says - and lot of fun!! :) I hope you all can come again next year - it will be so quiet when you leave...

    ReplyDelete