The Rowe Tribe

The Rowe Tribe
2012

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Haircuts

The 3 little boys last got haircuts the beginning of April so they were starting to look a little shabby. I started browsing around for a good price (which I did not find) and finally gave in the other day to getting it cut. This was our first experience with a shampoo cut and no, they would not give me a discount if we just got the cut and not the shampoo; believe me, I asked. The gal doing the cuts uses a tea tree oil shampoo. She informed me that it does wonders to keep children's (or anyone's) hair from getting lice infested. Apparently the tea tree oil (like olive) is good in that regard. I was surprised at this, not because of the tea tree oil but because it seems like something I would have run across last spring doing research. Last May, I spent my anniversary and time over the next 3 months helping my dear friend with her hair and her children's hair. They had gotten lice from sharing a baseball helmet at practice. It was a mess and literally took us 3 months of work to finally rid them from her hair; the children were faster. My children, thankfully have never gotten them and hopefully won't. Now back to this week.
They got their hair shampooed, got some kind of mousterizer put in it to keep it shiny and lay right. These people who do this have no idea what kind of kids I have. I mean, really, do they need this since they were going right home to play in the dirt; they would be being shampooed again that evening in the tub? We got home and they immediately ran to Tio to ask him what was different. They were all yelling and asking at the same time but Tio is pretty sharp and he pointed to his head and said "Hair". Then, they all said, we got shampoo for lice. By the time I had gotten out of the car and to the front door, Scott met me and asked, "So, they have lice?" No, Scott, they don't. "Well, they are telling Tio that they got shampoo for lice......" Tio never picked up on this apparently; thank goodness for the language barrier. I can speak a little Spanish and he speaks a good amount of English but I just couldn't figure out how I would ever explain that one. Elizabeth didn't get a cut but wanted to show off her sunglasses too.


3 beautifully shampooed and styled boys; it lasted about 20 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment